The hair transplant procedure is referred to as moving or shifting the hair follicles from the safe zone of the donor to the recipient one’s scalp, where it is needed to implant the follicles in order to cover the bald portion as well as shifting the hair follicles in such a manner that the aesthetic results could be achieved in terms of natural hairline design as well as the proper dense graft pattern of the bald portion as requisite. The process of the hair transplant is gaining its relevance and importance day by day due to its sustainable results for hair regrowth as well as natural hairline design. It is an important aspect of concern about the technique of the hair transplant so that the higher number of hair follicles could be transferred in a single session. The second thing which comes in this aspect is about the cost of the hair transplant for the particular technique that is being opted in terms of harvesting maximum grafts as well as getting more natural results.
To avoid the drawbacks during the planning of hair restoration surgery, it is important to have a thorough knowledge of both the procedures that decide the suitability for a particular one based on your condition of baldness and physical or anatomical strata.
There are two main types of hair transplant techniques named; FUT (Follicular unit transplant) & FUE (Follicular unit extraction).
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant): The FUT technique is a powerful and a genuine choice if there is the need to extract the higher number of follicular units to cover the higher NW class and in FUT, it is possible to achieve the highest number of graft harvesting and implanting in a single session. The FUT technique of hair transplant is more prevalent among those patients, having the highest grade of baldness and it requires a special set of skills from the surgeon’s side to achieve an aesthetic result for the same. In a FUT hair transplant it needs an aesthetic skill from the surgeon’s side that how efficiently they extract the strip and it’s all a question just about their expertise and perfection in workmanship. It is required to cut the strip area with the blade having less depth so that the hair roots will be viable and after cutting them, we need to hold with the aid of the hook so that the superficial line catches the hair roots in the most viable manner.
What should be considered in FUT procedure from the surgeon’s side are mentioned below:
- Are the follicular units microscopically dissected under the magnification of 20x so that the transaction rate of grafts will be minimised
- Does your hair transplant surgeon use the single bladed knife to harvest the strips of follicular units from the safe donor portion
- Are the technicians well-versed and having many years of experience
- How many microscopes are being used during the dissection of grafts
Aforesaid are some important questions before opting for the FUT surgery from the particular clinic and all the answers that you are seeking should be in positive from your surgeon’s perspective.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): The follicular unit extraction procedure of the hair transplant is in itself a systematic process of single follicular unit extraction, in which surgeons extract the follicular units one by one directly from the targeted spot by using the motorised or manual punch of DIA 0.75 to 1 mm. Here the chances of damage rate will be higher because the procedure requires the special set of skills of perfection and expertise by which a surgeon decides in punching depth and it’s all about the speculations and predictions that the surgeon applies during the extraction of follicular units. The punching and drilling of harvesting the hair roots should be at the proper angle and direction so that the surgeon efficiently extracts the follicular units and hence the transaction/damage rate of follicular units are higher there and the outcomes are also of lesser value. FUE is suitable for those candidates who are suffering from the lesser grade of baldness with minimum NW class.
The FUE technique takes much time for harvesting the grafts and the surgeon harvests the grafts repeatedly until enough graft is collected for the planned hair restoration. The FUE technique takes a whole day to complete the procedure, but there may be multiple sessions as the graft requirements to cover the bald portion and the recovery time varies as per the sessions are multiplied and the needed healing time over the course is of 5-7 days. The wound after the surgical procedure of FUE will appear as tiny white scars in approximate 1-mm in size. These scars can be easily buried in the rear and sides of the scalp containing the hair.
Now it has been easily determined that the particular cost for a particular procedure of hair transplant as per the usable technique and ranges of follicular units that are harvested in a particular procedure varies accordingly.
The cost determinant factor in the hair transplant procedure is jot down below:
- Applied technique decides the limitations of grafts harvesting and directly determines the cost of hair restoration procedure as the price of per grafts ranges between RS/ 30-50INR.
- The Degree of NW class that decides the needed number of grafts to cover the bald portion has a major role in cost determination.
- Geographical boundaries also play a role in cost determination for hair restoration services because the cost for the hair transplant procedure in other developed nations is far higher if compared to India.
Summarising all, we can say that the cost of the hair transplant is in altogether the cost of graft harvesting and covering the bald portion with more aesthetics by the expert surgeons and ultimately deciding your requirement and fulfilment of results too.